Welcome to Runescape Ironman

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paper

RS Real Life Stories

18 posts in this topic

I randomly remembered something that happened a long time ago and wanted to share it.

When i was around 15-16 I remember playing rs at a public library and distinctly remember maybe 3 or 4 other kids there playing too. They were all poor f2p scrubs and started watching me play.

They were extremely impressed that I was a member and wanted me to "share my acc with them" and also  that I had "more items in my bank than could fit in my inventory" (did they go on to invent uim? idk)

Wondering if anyone has any real life stories or experiences involving rs. Outside of going to Runefest or knowing people irl that play it, I don't think it comes up much in most players lives.

SadzRax likes this

i also remember playing in a library once, 2 older boys came up to me and said "you play runescape to?" i was like yeah. i had full addy, they were so jelly. i also had like 100k that i made from killing cows and selling cowhides, which if i remember cowhides were like 100gp, so i killed 1k+ cows. they asked to play on my account, i was like no thanks. i guess that was my first anti scam. 

Paper, Wavey and SadzRax like this

My brother and I used to play RS in the early days, I was a magic pure with 30 defence (god knows why), we played the same account (we were sitting behind the same screen, one of us playing). I remember when we somehow managed to get full black (g), and we felt like the gods of the world (we sure were in my class, everyone was playing RS). Then one day someone offered to trade our black (g) for his addy (g). Hell, we were excited. After all, addy is much better than black. We had no clue we got scammed, and I don't recall us ever finding out about that either. Fun fact: I still have that account, it's my main (Void Knight)

Paper likes this

My brother and I used to play RS in the early days, I was a magic pure with 30 defence (god knows why), we played the same account (we were sitting behind the same screen, one of us playing). I remember when we somehow managed to get full black (g), and we felt like the gods of the world (we sure were in my class, everyone was playing RS). Then one day someone offered to trade our black (g) for his addy (g). Hell, we were excited. After all, addy is much better than black. We had no clue we got scammed, and I don't recall us ever finding out about that either. Fun fact: I still have that account, it's my main (Void Knight)

Good times

Tate, Tabbris, Renewed and 1 other like this

i remember in highschool when i was like 17 some classmates were talking about the fact that they used to play rs years ago. They were saying shit like 'I was really good at it, i was 76 combat'. I was sitting there not saying anything coz i was the only1 still playing it on a maxed acc :D i shouldnt be ashamed about the fact i still play, but in some way i am xD

Tate, SadzRax, grip of iron and 3 others like this

In the 6th grade me, my twin brother and 2 other friends all shared 1 account. I remember it took us weeks to get a fighter torso (lol). One day I came home from school and logged into Runescape and one of my dumb ass friends logged out at green dragons with no food and 23 hp while wearing torso. I tried to escape but I got instantly hit by a green dragon (idiot didn't bring an anti-dragon shield) so I died and I didn't say anything to my 2 friends/twin brother until like 4 years ago and we all blamed one of my friends for losing the torso all those years :D I never bothered going back to pick it up (if that was possible). So after that my Friend was so pissed off that he went pking in a high risk PVP world with full verac's/whip and he died. After that my other friend got so mad that he changed the password to something he couldn't remember. Rip account  :P

In the 6th grade me, my twin brother and 2 other friends all shared 1 account. I remember it took us weeks to get a fighter torso (lol). One day I came home from school and logged into Runescape and one of my dumb ass friends logged out at green dragons with no food and 23 hp while wearing torso. I tried to escape but I got instantly hit by a green dragon (idiot didn't bring an anti-dragon shield) so I died and I didn't say anything to my 2 friends/twin brother until like 4 years ago and we all blamed one of my friends for losing the torso all those years :D I never bothered going back to pick it up (if that was possible). So after that my Friend was so pissed off that he went pking in a high risk PVP world with full verac's/whip and he died. After that my other friend got so mad that he changed the password to something he couldn't remember. Rip account  :P

good times

Wavey likes this

Back when I were a wee lad, can't have been older than 10 or 11, I was a real noob. 

I was around level 59 as far as I can remember. I don't even think I was p2p.

I was sat around Falador killing guards (in the spot by the entrance, Port Sarim side of Falador. 

This was back in the day of random events that could kill you, and there was a bloke stood in Rune with a Red H'ween mask on, afking I presume. Out of nowhere, a zombie random spawned and started attacking him. From what I can remember, it slowly killed him, and of course, the first thing I picked up, without actually knowing what it was and its value, was the Red H'ween. 

So I walk to the closest bank, more chuffed with the bits of Rune I had acquired through blatant luck, to be approached by the recently deceased.  As soon as he started offering me random rune items for the H'ween back, I knew it must be worth something.

Turned out they were worth about 6m at the time - and I kept that Red H'ween until its value hit somewhere around the 180m mark years and years later. 

Zerk and Flapz like this

This one time I met M8TT and That Abe Guy and we played pool, got drunk and then took selfies with random people, in a toy shop whose stock suggested it was built for 30 year old virgins.

We also play Runescape sometimes.

Paper and Wavey like this

There are 3 notable stories that I can remember.

1: I remember back then in 2008 when Rocking Out came out, that was pretty much the only quest I needed for quest cape. I remember the only req I needed was 69 smithing and I had pretty low smithing at the time. So I said ok, I'm going to make cballs for it and I remember my cousin+friend would regulary check up on me to see how Im holding up. Took me like 2 weeks to get it lol but made quite a bit of money.

2: Another small story was back in like 2006 when pess was like 100-150 ea for whatever, I wanted to get my first whip so I mined like 30k ess at varrock which took me over a week. I still remember that it felt like hell at the time (its funny cause mining 30k ess isnt that bad anymore to me #justironmanthings) My cousin who was pretty rich for himself kept coming over and taunting me as he logged onto his account at my house just to tease me with his items. He had like 8 whips randomly and he was trying to get me to do some silly things to get it which I did (I was only like 12 years old or something) In the end, the pumpum didnt give me anything and he staked it all later on and lost.

3: I think the best story was in like 2004 or something when I first started RS, I was like lvl 30ish and I spent a lot of time just to be able to afford full Addy.

Now, I was playing rs over at my cousins house at the time and I remember I was just walking around near varrock wildy (I didn't even know where I was or anything, hell I didn't even know about the wilderness). I walked into the wildy (there was no ditch at the time) and I remember seeing a lot of people attacking each other. I thought it was cool and I thought if u die, you wouldn't lose anything and that it was a friendly thing. I remember someone attacking me and slowly killing me. My cousin told me before I died that if I died to someone in the wildy, I would lose my stuff. Me panicking, closed the browser in hopes that it would automatically log me out before I died or something or that it would save my progress before I closed it. Logged back into the game to see that I lost my hard earned addy armor and my cousins later on roasted me for the entire day. 

Paper likes this