Welcome to Runescape Ironman

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zerk

Clan Chat Ranking Systems

30 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, we've had several questions and requests regarding the ranking system. In this post, the ranking systems of our clan chats will be explained in detail, to give you a general idea of how ranks are picked and what you can do to gain a rank in the clan chats.

An update is that you can now rank up in the overflow clan chat! No Moderator vouches needed for this. The ranking systems are explained below.

Ranks in Ironman_CC 

As most of you probably have noticed, it's not easy to gain a rank in our main clan chat. This is because it is very large and the more ranks we have, the more people will get kicked out when it is full. Therefore we are very selective when it comes to rank in the main clan chat. 

The ranks in Ironman CC are based on a vouching system. The Moderators have access to the Moderators board, where they can vouch for players. We have a "Watchlist", which contains a list of players who have been vouched for. Every rank(up) requires a vouch from 4-5 different Moderators, the amount depends on the rank.

The ranks involve the following: 

Smiley rank: vouch by at least one Moderator (you are on the "Watchlist").

1 Bar: at least 4 Moderators have vouched for you to have 1 bar. 

2 Bar: obviously you've received more vouches, hence the promotion. 2 Bars will also get access to Slack, our communication application. This means you have more access when it comes to communicating with the Staff, and you have the chance to get to know the rest of the team, and to give more imput when it comes to incidents in the clan chats and (to a certain degree) clan decisions. Activity on slack is very important for Moderators, hence we can see how actively you make use of it. As 2 bar, you are kind of "recruited" to be a Moderator in the future. 

3 bar: Moderator Rank. With three bananas, you're able to kick from the clan chat. All kicks are logged on Slack as evidence if the kick is questioned later. You have full access to clan discussions and decisions, for example bans, promotions (you can now vouch on the Moderators Board) and other topics. 

Bronze Star: These ranks are the veterans of the clan chat: long term Moderators who have proven their value to the clan and contributed consistently to the clan. These promotions are in the hand of the admins. 

Silver Star: These ranks are the long term veteran staff members of the SoTW / Event Moderator team. Obviously, they organise and advertise the clans competitions and events. Although event and SoTW staff membership can be aquired at smiley rank and 3 bar rank respectively, these staff members have the unique opportunity to work their way up to silver bar. For the work they put into the clan, they receive that little extra recognition. This position is mainly based on your own initiatives, Moderators and even non Moderators could step up any time, with the permissions of the admins. 

Admins: Currently, we have 5 admins. Each admin is specialized and is focussing on a different aspect of the clan: Competitions, Events, Forums or Clan Management.

Roles: 

Vouched CC member:             Smiley / 1 Bar / 2 Bar 

Event (staff) Member:            Smiley / 1 Bar / 2 Bar (apply)

Chat Moderator:                     3 Bar / Bronze 

Event Moderator:                   3 Bar / Bronze / Silver 

SoTW Moderator:                   3 Bar / Bronze / Silver 

Admin:                                  Gold

What can you do to get vouches? First of all, do not ask a Moderator to vouch for you, that won't help at all. The vouches are mainly based on activity in the clan chat, on forums, your social "skills" and maturity. It helps a lot if you show that you have interest in keeping peace in the clan chats and see the bigger picture for the clan, as in recruiting people to the chats / forums or try to get competitions and events more active. Finally, a lot of PATIENCE is required. Fair enough, some luck is also required. 

[NEW] Ranks in IronmanCC (1750+ total lvl) 

New Ranking System for "IronManCC" (1750+ CC)

- Mods are moved to Silver Star, highest cosmetic rank is Bronze.

- You need a rank to speak in the chat.

- 1750+ total requirement to apply.

- After application, a trial as smiley rank will be held for x months .

- Trial approval is standard and accepted unless veto'd by mods due to rule breaking/inactivity, (In that case the player will lose smiley)

- If new member passed the trial, he gets assigned "his rank", based on total level.

- Players rank up by increasing total level (need to request rankup once applicable)

- Rank in main cc overrides 1750+ cc rank (if rank is higher than 1750+ cc rank)

- Long term active members were able to skip the trial period

Specifications & practical implications:

1) Determining & tracking active members by having a checklist of RSN's on a google doc (run by the mods) & trial members will start their trial the moment the player obtains his smiley rank.

2) Have the following rank distribution:

- Smiley for applicants (req 1750 total)

- Smiley for accepted members 1750+ total

- 1 bar for accepted members with 1850+ total

- 2 bar for accepted members with 2000+ total

- 3 bar for accepted members with 2100+ total

- Bronze for accepted memers with 2200+ total

- Silver for chat mods

3) If you achieved a new total level milestone (1850, 2000,2100 or 2200) you can contact any mod to request your rankup!

APPLY HERE FOR A RANK: https://www.reddit.com/r/ironscape/comments/56ubo9/ironmancc_1750_clan_application/

Ranks in Ultimate_CC
Ultimate CC does also apply a vouching system. Moderators can vouch for players who they think may have potential to be recruited as Moderator one day. R

1 bars cosmetic yet the first step of the ladder, players with such a rank have been vouched for once by several moderators 
2 Bars cosmetic yet the second step of the ladder, players with such a rank have been vouched for twice by several moderators 
3 Bars  cosmetic yet the third step of the ladder, players with such a rank have been vouched for 3 times by several moderators )
Bronze Stars - Trial Moderators.
Silver Star - Fully Acknowledged Moderators
Gold Stars - Admins 

Since Ultimate CC is rather a rather small and closed community, new trial Moderators may also be directly chosen by the Chat Moderators (bronze/silver stars) if there is need for new Moderators. 

IchRONic, Aislen, SadzRax and 7 others like this

Very informative and clearde up alot of questions amongst the community Zerk. Yet I personally won't be applying as I still believe ranks Should be earned and given, not asked for B)

Very informative and clearde up alot of questions amongst the community Zerk. Yet I personally won't be applying as I still believe ranks Should be earned and given, not asked for B)

You already applied for your smiley, and you'd have to earn the rest, so I don't see your point ;)

Oh i thought i read that the ranks in overflow were to be applied for aswell, my bad then, text was Pretty unclear at work on my cracked screen phone :p

Edit: ok so now i saw the (smiley) bit , disregard half my last reply B)

Oh dang! lol, but no really I feel being active in the forums/TeamSpeak which only ever a few people are in there should be part of the thought process for ranks. 

Oh dang! lol, but no really I feel being active in the forums/TeamSpeak which only ever a few people are in there should be part of the thought process for ranks. 

Forum activity is one of the things we consider when we vouch for a rank in the main clan chat.

Since the overflow ranks are cosmetic, it's only fair that everyone gets the same chance of earning them - by recruiting new members. :)

Bilbo likes this

Forum activity is one of the things we consider when we vouch for a rank in the main clan chat.

Since the overflow ranks are cosmetic, it's only fair that everyone gets the same chance of earning them - by recruiting new members. :)

But I'm pretty sure half of us found the CC same way I did and my buddy did.. Just typing in "Ironman CC" doesn't take much to recruit half the world knows about the CC already lol.

But I'm pretty sure half of us found the CC same way I did and my buddy did.. Just typing in "Ironman CC" doesn't take much to recruit half the world knows about the CC already lol.

True but there are always ironmen that are clanless in the world of runescapia, ive managed to find a few , so have others, the more the merrier right?

That's the thing, many people don't know about "IronmanCC" (without the space). Only recruits for this CC count