Welcome to Runescape Ironman

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Toenee Stark

Guide to Training Cooking Without Fishing to 70 with less than 10k!

13 posts in this topic

Welcome to my Guide to Training Cooking Without Fishing for Ironman!

This guide will explain the easiest method of cooking training for those that don't care to fish!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~First off, a list of easy quests that give cooking experience:

-Cook's assistant; Gives 300exp in cooking.

<http://2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Cook%27s_Assistant>

-Gertrude's Cat; Gives 1525exp in cooking.

<http://2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Gertrude%27s_Cat>

~These quests will put you at a great start level-wise. After you have 12 cooking, go to the Tree Gnome Stronghold. Go into King Narnode's Tree and up the ladder. Here you will see a bank and a nearby Gnome Grocery Store, where you can buy supplies for gnome cooking. You can achieve 35 cooking here with little effort at virtually no cost to you.

~Levels 12-35: Gnome Crunchies - Make the highest level Gnome Crunchies possible until 35.

~After you have 35 cooking, the next step is to start Recipe For Disaster. The first 3 sections of this      quest can be done quickly, and with less than 35 cooking.

<http://2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Recipe_for_Disaster>

~After you have done the first part of RFD, you will unlock the Culinomancer's Chest, which sells every item you will need to get 70 cooking. Every part of the quest you complete will increase the chest's stock, increasing training speeds.

~ Levels 35-70: Wines at RFD Chest - Ideally, you will want to have 5 grapes and jugs per world. This is still easily done with only 3 per world though. Basically, this is the process:

-Step 1: Purchase Grapes and Jugs from RFD chest for 1gp each.

-Step 2: Fill jugs with water at the sink by the chest.

-Step 3: Use grapes on jugs to make wine, yielding 200exp per wine if successful.

-Step 4: Hop worlds and repeat.

~PLEASE NOTE: The RFD chest is instanced, meaning that ONLY YOU can buy the stock in your chest. This means that you will be guaranteed maximum stock in chests in every world.

~Roughly 3-4k wines later (depends on how many you fail), you will have 70 COOKING.

~GREAT TIP FOR FOOD: You can easily obtain great healing food once you have 47 cooking. You can make Baked Potatoes With Cheese, which heal 16 Hitpoints each, and cost 6gp to make. Buying and cooking potatoes at the Gnome Grocery Store in Tree Gnome Stronghold is very quick and easy. You can purchase Pats of Butter and Cheese at the RFD chest.

Hope you will find this guide to be helpful!!! Thank you for reading!  :)

~Dan (RSN: Toenee Stark)

Good guide, but I think it could use some pictures.

And it's worth noting that the stock of grapes / jugs (any supply) varies based on the level of gloves that you currently have. Someone with adamant gloves unlocked sees a different chest than someone with barrows gloves unlocked.

I'm wondering about this:

~PLEASE NOTE: The RFD chest is instanced' date=' meaning that ONLY YOU can buy the stock in your chest. This means that you will be guaranteed maximum stock in chests in every world.

[/quote']

Right now I'm up to black gloves in the chest.  I have 5 of all ingredients except grapes?  Well, I logged in once and saw 4 grapes and bought them all.  Since then every world was 0 or 1 grapes per chest.  I stayed in one world until it went to 1, then saw it drop to 0 again, so I'm guessing it's not instanced.

I'm wondering about this:

~PLEASE NOTE: The RFD chest is instanced' date=' meaning that ONLY YOU can buy the stock in your chest. This means that you will be guaranteed maximum stock in chests in every world.

[/quote']

Right now I'm up to black gloves in the chest.  I have 5 of all ingredients except grapes?  Well, I logged in once and saw 4 grapes and bought them all.  Since then every world was 0 or 1 grapes per chest.  I stayed in one world until it went to 1, then saw it drop to 0 again, so I'm guessing it's not instanced.

Yeah I noticed too. =/

The RFD chest is instanced to everyone per glove stage. So all those on Rune have the same chest, all those on Barrows have the same chest etc.

It is not instanced per person, unfortunately.